Founded in New York City in 2005, Rebecca Minkoff is a global fashion brand with a wide range of apparel, handbags, footwear, jewelry and accessories. They chose EVRYTHNG to deliver the next-generation of consumer engagement, turning their handbags into a new owned-media channel.
“By bringing always-on smart features to these bags, we’re opening doors to a world of amazing hand-picked experiences we think our case-studies will love.”
Rebecca Minkoff wanted to reconnect with its greatest asset -- the consumers purchasing the company’s luxury handbags. Once the bags entered the supply-chain the company lost visibility into which bags consumers were buying, where, when and how they felt about the Rebecca Minkoff brand. In the luxury goods market, it is critical for brands to understand and engage with the consumers purchasing their products -- for long-term loyalty and revenue growth.THE SOLUTION
Rebecca Minkoff’s handbags were brought to life with the EVRYTHNG IoT SaaS platform. Each bag given a unique QR code for consumers to scan.
- In-store: Consumers scan the hang tag for more in-depth product information.
- Post-purchase: Consumers scan the fabric label on each handbag to register for loyalty rewards.
EVRYTHNG worked with its digital ecosystem partner, Avery Dennison, to create the scannable fabric labels. Once scanned, each Rebecca Minkoff bag becomes an interactive, owned-media channel for direct-to-consumer engagementTHE RESULTS
By creating direct-to-consumer relationships with consumers Rebecca Minkoff has been able to:
- Create exciting, memorable experiences to drive consumer interaction and loyalty
- Increase customer conversions
- Switch-on physical handbags -- turning them into owned mobile media channels
- Capture real-time data intelligence to allow re-targeting
- Fuel sales and marketing campaigns with real insight to consumer purchasing/usage patterns.
GET IN TOUCH!