Sets the standard for smarter, ecosystem-connected products by adding further enterprise enhancements and new features to market leading IoT Smart Products Platform
London and New York, 5 April 2016: EVRYTHNG – the leading IoT Smart Products Platform – today announces the latest release of its Platform-as-a-Service, with enhanced functionality, scalability and ecosystem connectivity as the best-in-class digital identity and data management making products smart.
EVRYTHNG’s award-winning IoT software platform supports large-scale, global smart product applications by managing real-time data from and about products, providing the tools to program product data to drive applications and products themselves, and connecting products to the Web to participate in the digital ecosystem with other products and third party applications and services.
Through Active Digital Identities™ (ADIs), EVRYTHNG provides every product with a unique digital identity and data profile, connecting with products physically through serialized identity, smart tags, sensors and controllers, and enabling products to transact with applications on the Web through standards-based APIs. Active Digital Identities™ enable products to gather and share data throughout their lifecycle, through the supply chain, and to to drive and participate in multiple applications for product control, tracking and analytics, and direct to consumer services and engagement.
EVRYTHNG’s latest platform release includes:
- BATCHTHNG™, a service to generate millions or billions of unique, crypto-secure ADIs replete with data profiles and that can then be deployed onto products with different hardware technologies ranging from printed tags to smart controllers at point of manufacture or in the supply chain.
- EVRYTHNG COLLECTIONS enables ADIs to be organized into groups based on real-world relationships. Examples include a set of components making-up a larger machine, individual products in a case, palette or shipment, or a group of devices in an office or home that can should be controlled or managed together.
- REDIRECTOR™ provides real-time, rule-based control of Web redirection for products tagged with QR codes, barcodes, NFC tags or optically recognized, using EVRYTHNG’s REACTOR™ to direct end user interaction with a product to a Web application or Web services using variables like location, time, end user identity or other data from enterprise systems like ERP or CRM, or third party services on the Web.
- THNGHUB™, a local software ‘cloudlet’ that turns any connected Linux device into a universal smart product IoT hub. THNGHUB solves the problem of how to unify different devices and sensors connected to different ecosystems and communications protocols in smart home or enterprise environments, with seamless communication and control for products locally and remotely. THNGHUB works as a local cloud in lockstep with EVRYTHNG’s IoT Smart Products Platform and provides local web APIs, data storage and a rules engine which means devices can be controlled and logic can be executed locally, even when there is no internet access or connectivity to the cloud.
These platform capability enhancements have been released alongside further enterprise features and extensions, including improved security with two-factor authentication and a trusted application key support, and further enhancements to EVRYTHNG’s development tools and SDKs, enabling faster development of IoT applications.
EVRYTHNG CEO & Co-Founder Niall Murphy, commented: “Enterprise IoT adoption has entered a new phase, with global product brands applying IoT to manage anything from hundreds-of-thousands to hundreds-of-millions to billions of digitally enabled products, each driving real-time applications and services. EVRYTHNG has managed applications over some 3 billion products during the past 12 months. A best-in-class IoT smart product platform needs to be able to manage billions of software identities in the cloud, work with a diversity of different device and connectivity technologies, enable digital applications to be built quickly and easily, and protect enterprise integrity and data with rigorous security.”
The latest platform enhancements add to EVRYTHNG’s extensive feature set, which includes:
- THNGPUSH™, a multi-protocol messaging service for connected products supporting standards including MQTT and WebSockets.
- THNGSTORE™, a large scale dynamic data management environment supporting product data models with semi-typed attributes and customer fields.
- An infrastructure-as-code platform that ensures EVRYTHNG is able to scale on-demand to service applications with low latency independent of the volume of active products or application requests.
- Cloud-to-Cloud connectivity making it easy for products using the EVRYTHNG IoT Platform to work with products and applications in third party ecosystems and with enterprise systems.
Murphy added: “These latest platform capabilities demonstrate EVRYTHNG’s IoT Smart Product Platform market leadership and proven ability to meet the needs of global manufacturers for smart product and smart packaging IoT applications.”
EVRYTHNG is the Internet of Things Smart Products Platform connecting consumer products to the Web, and managing real-time data to drive applications. The world’s leading consumer product manufacturers work with EVRYTHNG to manage billions of intelligent online identities in the cloud for their products, deliver real-time interactive experiences and support services to consumers, and connect with the ecosystem of other applications and products in their digital lives. To find out more about how EVRYTHNG’s award-winning IoT cloud platform delivers better consumer-product experiences and smarter product operations, please visit evrythng.com and follow @EVRYTHNG.