EVRYTHNG SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Ver. 4.0 – March 2020
© EVRYTHNG Limited, Confidential
EVRYTHNG provides The EVRYTHNG Product Cloud – a fully-managed, scalable IoT software-as-a-service platform for enterprises to issue and manage digital identity for physical products, and to manage data from and about physical products to drive applications. Application use cases include authenticating and tracking products through the product lifecycle from manufacture and into the hands of the end customer, and the delivery of direct to end customer services linked to product items.
1. Overview of the EVRYTHNG Product Cloud
- Generates Active Digital Identity™ for product items at mass scale, and provisions these digital identities with physical product items at point of manufacture through packaging partnerships or manufacturing integrations;
- Manages each Active Digital Identity™ to be available as a web service and to gather, connect and share data associated with product items across the product lifecycle through: APIs, connectivity with supported enterprise systems and supported Blockchains;
- Applies data science and programmable rules logic to drive applications with product data through APIs and programming tools;
- Provides visibility, control and intelligence associated with product items and product item data through dashboard interfaces and APIs.
Note: The EVRYTHNG Product Cloud is a modular platform and, as such, not all capabilities above are available to all users and must be appropriately licensed and configured before use.
Product Identity Management: EVRYTHNG assigns a unique Active Digital Identity™ (an ‘ADI’) to a physical product item (supporting GS1 Digital Link), creating a web addressable object in the cloud (known as a ‘thng’) that provides a persistent online presence with a unique, global URL for authorized applications to access it. ADIs can be mapped to existing serialization and product identities, including barcodes, EPCs, MAC or SAP ID’s.
Semantic Data Model: The EVRYTHNG Product Cloud is able to store large amounts of dynamically defined attribute information about a diverse range of individual products. This metadata may include both static information such as product line, size, color or price, and dynamic data captured during the lifespan of the product, such as where it was shipped, when it was sold, as well as post-sale information about the consumer and product usage and events.
Business Rules Engine: The EVRYTHNG Product Cloud provides a powerful, programmable rules engine called Reactor™ that accommodates many data inputs including dynamic status or location of a product, or a trigger from an external system or device. The scripted logic can then initiate actions in applications, send alerts or deliver relevant content to the end users.
Dynamic Redirection: The EVRYTHNG Product Cloud provides a real-time mechanism to change the destination of an end user application engagement or scan through the Redirector™ toolset. This allows Product Cloud users to program context-driven rules for each individual identity, making the URL on a product dynamic and easy to change.
Dashboards: The EVRYTHNG Product Cloud provides a range of web interface dashboards permitting authorised users to view product item data, analytics and notifications relevant to supported use cases.
2. EVRYTHNG Product Cloud Products & Service Modules
Customers make use of the EVRYTHNG Product Cloud by subscribing to specific product & service modules as described in the table below. A customer subscription to a module entitles the customer to make use of the functions, features and services associated with the applicable module during the term of their subscription. Customers are not entitled to make use of functions, services or features of a module without an applicable subscription agreement.
ACTIVATE is used to provision ADIs for products and to drive digital services efficiently and at scale with trusted product identities and product information. ACTIVATE provides the speedy provision of crypto-secure digital product identities at industrial scale, easy management of product item information, efficient collection of data linked to product items, and tools to drive a full range of applications & integrations.
- Identity management
- Mass-scale crypto-secure serialization
- Packaging partner workflow integration
- GS1 Digital Link Generation
- GS1 Digital Link Compression
- Short URL Generation
- Code Generation, e.g. QR
- Product data management
- Product master data integration
- Location master data integration
- Account configuration
- Account branding
- Roles and permissions configuration
- User management
- Feature configuration
- Attribute customisation
- In-line activation
- Activate App
- Activation API
- Production Monitoring
- Activation metrics
- Purchase order integration
- PO fulfilment metrics
AUTHENTICATE is provided to support the reduction of impact to consumer trust and losses to earnings caused by counterfeit and parallel trade. AUTHENTICATE provides pre-emption and rapid response to integrity problems, with greater supply chain visibility, and a cohesive view of each product item’s journey into the hands of the consumer.
- Batch visibility
- Raw materials batch integration
- Production lot integration
- Distribution aggregation
- Multi-level aggregation e.g. batch, item, shipper, case, pallet
- Disaggregation and reaggregation
- Distribution visibility
- Shipping events
- Receiving events
- Dynamic state management (e.g. temperature)
- Inventory visibility
- Inventory trace
- Track and trace (any level of aggregation)
- Quality recall
- Locate by batch/lot
- Recall consumer redirection
- Consumer authentication
- Configurable authentication business rules
- Authentication API
- Brand authentication
- Configurable authentication business rules
- Brand inspector mobile app
- Secondary market authentication API
- Counterfeit goods detection & analytics
- Counterfeit events
- Counterfeit detection notifications
- Counterfeit analytics
- Gray market goods detection & analytics
- Gray market events
- Gray market detection notifications
- Gray market analytics
AMPLIFY enables direct engagement and relationship building with end-customers through products as an owned media channel, collection of first party data, and direct transaction with end consumers.
- Consumer engagement analytics
- Scan and user metrics by campaign/brand
- User permissions configurable by country/brand
- Location-based: by store, region, country etc
- Activity-based (per actions): scan, register, recycle etc
- Context aware experiences
- Programmable Redirector Rules
- Product data integration
- Product master data integration
- Provenance/sourcing traceability
- Production transparency (social responsibility)
- Distribution transparency (sustainability)
- Marketing integrations
- Two-way CRM integration for customer data (e.g. Salesforce)
- CMS for digital content (e.g. Adobe Experience Manager or Marketo)
Enterprise Environment capabilities enable customers to scale and safely test various platform and application configurations within a controlled and protected environment without impacting existing capabilities in a production account.
- 2 additional platform accounts that may contain a percentage of the licensed quantity of ADIs
- Level 1 SLA support during scheduled end-to-end testing within the additional accounts, otherwise standard Level 3 SLA support
- Tools to move data and configuration between environments on an adhoc basis
3. EVRYTHNG Data Sub-processors
The following sub-processors may process data on behalf of EVRYTHNG to provide the Services described :
- Microsoft Cloud – Hosting
- AWS – Hosting
- Google Cloud Platform – Hosting and authentication
- Alibaba Cloud – Hosting
- MongoDB Atlas – Data storage
- Atlassian – EVRYTHNG Service Desk
4. Active Digital Identity™ Types
All ADIs are classified by service level supported for a specific scope of use only :
|U||Unserialized periodically connected product items where a single ADI is provided for an entire population of product items associated with a single SKU.|
|A||Serialized periodically connected product items where a single ADI is provided for each product item.|
|B||Persistently connected products with simple application logic and which transact with the EVRYTHNG Product Cloud less than 12 times per hour|
|F||Partner program ADIs which may be serialized or unserialized, and have a permitted use limited to a specific scope of service defined within the applicable partner agreement. If no scope is defined in the partner agreement the ADIs may be used with a static web page only.|
Customers may make use of ADIs in accordance with the Acceptable Use parameters set out for the ADI type under their Customer Agreement.
The EVRYTHNG Product Cloud is subject to continuous advancement, with regular release updates. As a consequence this Service Description is subject to modification by EVRYTHNG from time to time without notification.