EVRYTHNG SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Ver. 3.2—October 2019
© EVRYTHNG Limited, Confidential
EVRYTHNG provides a fully managed, scalable IoT software-as-a-service platform for enterprises to issue and manage digital identities for physical products, and to manage data from and about physical products to drive applications. Application use cases include authenticating and tracking products through the product lifecycle from manufacture and into the hands of the end customer, and the delivery of direct-to-end customer services linked to product items.
1. Overview of Platform
The EVRYTHNG Platform:
- Generates Active Digital Identity™ for product items at mass scale, and provisions these digital identities with physical product items at point of manufacture through packaging partnerships or manufacturing integrations
- Manages each Active Digital Identity™ to be available as a web service and to gather, connect, and share data associated with product items across the product lifecycle through APIs, connectivity with supported enterprise systems, and supported Blockchains
- Applies data science and programmable rules logic to drive third-party applications with product data through APIs and programming tools
- Provides visibility, control, and intelligence associated with product items and product item data through dashboard interfaces and APIs
Product Identity Management: EVRYTHNG gives a unique Active Digital Identity™ (ADI) to a physical product item (supporting GS1 Digital Link), creating a web-addressable object in the cloud (known as a “thng”) that provides a persistent online presence with a unique, global URL for applications authorized to access it. ADIs can be mapped to existing serialization and product identities, including barcodes, EPCs, MAC, or SAP IDs.
Semantic Data Model: The EVRYTHNG Platform is able to store large amounts of dynamically defined attribute information about a diverse range of individual products. This metadata may include both static information such as product line, size, color or price, and dynamic data captured during the lifespan of the product, such as where it was shipped and when it was sold, as well as post-sale information about the consumer and product usage and events.
Business Rules Engine: The EVRYTHNG Platform provides a powerful, fully programmable rules engine that accommodates many data inputs including dynamic status or location of a product, or a trigger from an external system or device. The scripted logic can then initiate actions in third-party applications, send alerts, or deliver relevant content to the end users.
Dynamic Redirection: The EVRYTHNG Platform provides a real-time mechanism to change the destination of an end-user application engagement or scan through the Redirector toolset. This allows platform users to program context-driven rules for each individual identity, making the URL on a product dynamic and easy to change.
Dashboards: The EVRYTHNG Platform provides a range of web interface dashboards, permitting authorized users to view product item data, analytics, and notifications relevant to supported use cases.
2. EVRYTHNG Platform Product and Service Modules
Customers make use of the EVRYTHNG Platform by subscribing to specific product and service modules as described in the table below. A customer platform subscription to a module entitles the customer to make use of the functions, features, and services associated with the applicable module during the term of their subscription. Customers are not entitled to make use of functions, services, or features of a module without an applicable platform subscription agreement.
ACTIVATE is provided to product manufacturers and supply chain service providers to provision ADIs to products and to drive digital services efficiently and at scale with trusted product identities and product information. ACTIVATE provides the speedy provision of crypto-secure digital product identities at industrial scale, easy management of product item information, efficient collection of data linked to product items, and tools to drive a full range of applications and integrations.
Base ACTIVATE Module capabilities include:
- Bulk digital identity provisioning
- Digital identity and serialization, supporting GS1 Digital Link
- Import product master data
- Dashboards for management and analytics
- Status and progress of identity generation batches
- Application, location, product and engagement analytics
- Data integration and data sharing
- Import and integrate traceability data
- Import business location information
- APIs and tools to program data and drive applications
Partner ACTIVATE Module capabilities include:
- Bulk digital identity provisioning across partner and customer accounts
- Batch updating to set dynamic context app rules based on lifecycle phases of product and associated ownership
- Customizable trigger format outputs for printers— enabling input data sets and display customizability
- Data sharing permission management and reporting
- Ability to define identity permission levels between partner and their customers
- Reporting views across accounts extended with appropriate permissions granted from all parties
- Advanced data integration and data sharing
Blockchain integration for publish and share
AUTHENTICATE is provided to product manufacturers and brand owners to support the reduction of impact to consumer trust and losses to earnings caused by counterfeit and parallel trade. AUTHENTICATE provides pre-emption and rapid response to integrity problems, with greater supply chain visibility and a cohesive view of each product item’s journey into the hands of the consumer.
AUTHENTICATE Module capabilities include:
- Integrity enforcement in the factory
- Provisioning unique identity to each item
- Authentication in line with factory application
- Dashboards for visibility, alerts and tracing
- Factory production and order tracking
- Consumer and field personnel product engagement
- Gray market and counterfeit alerts and trace analysis
- Apps for consumers and field personnel
- SDKs and templates to enable traceability and authentication within mobile websites and apps, resulting in “crowd-sourced” data sets
- Dynamic redirection and application generation tools to enable dynamic consumer experiences
- Authentication app for field personnel and partners
- Integration of supply traceability data
- Import and integrate PO and ASN data
Import traceability data (RFID, etc.)
AMPLIFY is provided to product manufacturers and brand owners to build direct relationships with end customers, generate first-party data, and transact directly with customers by transforming physical products into an owned media channel.
AMPLIFY Module capabilities include:
- Application templates and application creation tools for direct-to-end-customer application experiences
- Dynamic redirection for personalized experiences, e.g., based on location, product, device and consumer
- Dashboards for app management and analytics
- Application, location, product and engagement analytics
- Campaign and application rules management
- Analytics and system integrations
- Push data to Google Analytics and others
- SDKs to embed with enterprise CMSs
- Connectors for sharing data with CRM systems
- Import and integrate traceability data
Enterprise Environment capabilities enable customers to scale and safely test various platform and application configurations within a controlled and protected environment without impacting existing capabilities in a production account.
Enterprise Environment Module capabilities include:
- Two additional platform accounts that may contain a percentage of the licensed quantity of ADIs
- Level 1 SLA support during scheduled end-to-end testing within the additional accounts, otherwise standard Level 3 SLA support
- Tools to move data and configuration between environments on an ad hoc basis
3. Platform Functionality
The EVRYTHNG Platform provides a range of functions as represented through the product and service modules and a set of developer tools. Customers may make use of such services as are included in the scope of the platform product and service modules to which they are subscribers.
Product Connection Management
The EVRYTHNG Platform has a set of software tools and application programming interfaces to identify, communicate with, or control physical products that can be scanned or connected via the internet. EVRYTHNG allows for easy integration with packaging and tags via scanning and identification technologies (including QR, barcode, RFID, NFC, or image recognition) using HTTP REST, MQTT, and WebSockets.
The EVRYTHNG Platform uses Web standards-based APIs to simplify the interconnection to other systems, platforms, and applications. EVRYTHNG supports standard messaging, communication, and networking protocols to operate as a neutral abstraction layer, orchestrating between different elements of the enterprise ecosystem. EVRYTHNG provides standardized frameworks, template code, and documentation to support integrations to enterprise business systems such as Salesforce or SAP. EVRYTHNG provides a Blockchain Integration Hub supporting a number of supply chain Blockchains and with associated tools for third-party Blockchain data access, sharing, and publishing. EVRYTHNG provides a set of data import tools and APIs for the import and integration of product tracking, PO, and ASN information.
The EVRYTHNG Platform provides web-based interfaces to manage and operate services within the EVRYTHNG Platform in real-time, defining products, applications, users, permissions, and rules. Fine-grained access control manages the permission levels of users, apps, devices, and systems to interact with product data.
Analytics and Visualizations
EVRYTHNG provides customizable dashboard interfaces for near real-time and historical data visualization, reporting, notification, and query. EVRYTHNG also provides APIs for data export and integration with third-party analytics and visualization tools.
EVRYTHNG provides a number of toolkits, software agents, open-source components, online documentation, and support resources described at http://developers.evrythng.com and at the EVRYTHNG Github site for developers.
The EVRYTHNG Platform is delivered as a software-as-a-service in a federated platform operating model. The Platform applies a number of proprietary software technologies and automated software infrastructure tools in large-scale, multi-geo cloud data-center environments to meet the scalability demands of the IoT and the billions of ADIs managed. Security and privacy policies at multiple levels within the EVRYTHNG Platform ensure that data is transported and stored with high standards of security and that access to this data is controlled via permissions. The EVRYTHNG Platform is fully managed with a 24×7 SLA and support desk for enterprise-grade availability. EVRYTHNG’s SLAs focus on availability, integrity, and consistency of platform performance independent of concurrent demand.
4. EVRYTHNG Data Subprocessors
The following subprocessors process data on behalf of EVRYTHNG to provide the Services described.
- AWS – Hosting
- Google Cloud Platform – Hosting
- MongoDB Atlas – Data storage
- Atlassian – EVRYTHNG Service Desk
- TeamViewer – EVRYTHNG ACTIVATE and PROTECT remote support
5. Active Digital Identity Types
All ADIs are classified by service level, supported for a specific scope of use only:
|U||Unserialized, periodically connected product items where a single ADI is provided for an entire population of product items associated with a single SKU.|
|A||Serialized, periodically connected product items where a single ADI is provided for each product item.|
|B||Persistently connected products with simple application logic which transact with the EVRYTHNG Platform less than 12 times per hour.|
|F||Partner program ADIs which may be serialized or unserialized, and have a permitted use limited to a specific scope of service defined within the applicable partner agreement. If no scope is defined in the partner agreement, the ADIs may be used with a static web page only.|
Customers may make use of ADIs in accordance with the Acceptable Use parameters set out for the ADI type under their Customer Agreement.
The EVRYTHNG Software-as-a-Service Platform is subject to continuous advancement, with regular release updates. As a consequence, this Service Description is subject to modification by EVRYTHNG from time to time without notification.